In 2010, Indigo Spain was selected to undertake the overall construction and operation of an underground car park for Lozano Blesa University Hospital (Zaragoza), which opened in 1974 without a car park.
This facility is now one of the biggest hospital centres in the region of Aragon. It has more than 800 beds and almost 3,000 employees, who carry out more than 300,000 outpatient consultations per year.
The car park construction project had to meet two requirements: not to disrupt the hospital’s activities while the works were taking place and to be carried out as quickly as possible.
The car park, opened in January 2012, has a range of services that are adapted to the specific needs of the hospital’s users:
- solutions tailored to ‘fragile’ users (patients, people with reduced mobility, emergencies, etc.), a number of spaces reserved for people with reduced mobility greater than that required by law,
- spaces reserved for ambulances and people with reduced mobility close to the emergency department,
- improved signage and a parking space guidance system to facilitate circulation inside the car park,
- plus additional services such as payment using the ‘Via-T’ toll system and battery charging stations for electric vehicles,
- subscription options adapted to the work schedules of the hospital’s employees.
The car park is always open to the public, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As the car park is managed remotely during the quietest times from Indigo Spain’s National Centre for Remote Operations and Assistance (CNTO) and is sometimes staffed, the number of employees can be determined in accordance with the level of activity.
Remote operation and the Connecpark™ service
Based in our National Remote Operation and Assistance Centres, our team can offer help whenever needed, supporting the user’s journey through the car park thanks to an optimised remote operation system, available 24/7.
Charge points for electric vehicles
We support the development of ‘green’ energy around the world. For example, we have developed exclusive partnerships with Sodetrel Mobilité (100% subsidiary of the EDF group) in France, and the mobility expert City Mov’ in Luxembourg, in order to provide our customers with a network of self-service charge points.
Helping local authorities develop transport policies
On-street parking is a key element of urban management and local policy. As recognised experts in France and internationally, we can act as an important partner for local authorities as they develop their urban mobility solutions and smart-cities.